The Teatime Tattler is delighted to host guests every Wednesday. Please fill out the form below with your first choice date, and your second and third choices. We currently have all Wednesdays filled until October, but will take bookings for any historical fiction author beyond that point.
We ask that you write a post with a gossipy tone, and find a plausible (even if technically impossible) link to what is, after all, a Regency scandal sheet. See past posts for ways past guests have delightfully achieved this.
And if one of your characters wishes to seek help for a problem, please contact our dear Aunt Augusta. She posts on Mondays.
We hope you enjoy the Teatime Tattler, and we look forward to reading your contribution.
S. Clemens, Editor and Proprietor.
- The Belles strive for a playful tone on our site.
- We think of the Tattler as a regency scandal sheet. Try for a gossipy tone.
- Humor and fun are welcome additions but not required.
- Try to keep the interview or topic posting to 500 words or less. Try to keep your total blog entry to 1000-1500 words including bio, blurb, excerpt and post.
Suggested postings (feel free to propose another)
- Interview one of your characters
- Have one character interview another
- Have a minor character report on what they see happening in the story.
- Use a character snippet to give backstory to your novel. If you create a scene of some sort, put a note over the top that a gossip sheet might have such as “Overheard at a . . .”
- Create a correspondence between two characters
- Write a “report” by a fictional reporter
- Write on a topic from your research. Report it as a character from that era.
[Due to chronic problems with Ninja Forms please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, your author name, your email address, and list three Wednesdays you would like to appear on the Teatime Tattler.]